Eye on IP
Vol. No. 2011
Tuesday, February 22, 2011
Try Out This Fast IP Search Tool - IP-Screen(sm)
Sheldon Mak & Anderson PC is happy to sponsor this innovative service to the business community.
WHAT IS IP-SCREEN?
IP-Screen does one thing only, but does it fast.
If you know the name of a company, an IP-Screen search is currently the fastest method you can use to get a list of the U.S. intellectual property owned under the entity name. Just type in the name once, and in a flash you will get back results from several U.S. government public access databases on IP (Patents, Trademarks, Copyrights, and U.S. Customs). Summary results are presented all on a single screen for easy navigation.
America is a great country, and America has the strongest Intellectual Property system in the world. Simpler and faster public IP data access will be good for IP development.
WHAT IS IP-SCREEN USED FOR?
- IP ownership tells you a lot about a business. An IP-Screen search is the quickest way to size up any competitor.
- An IP-Screen search should be the first step in any M&A DD project.
- It would be a rare American business, especially a long established one, that does not have registered intellectual property. So next time you get any sort of business proposal, do an IP-Screen search on the company.
- You are at a trade show, and you come upon an unknown company. Just pull out your smart phone and IP-Screen search the company name.
- Your competitor's lawyer comes up to your booth at a trade show and demands that you take down your display because of some alleged infringement. Keep him honest by doing an IP-Screen search to see what rights his client may have.
- You are waiting for that rare conference with your department head, and need to show that you are up on the development within the company. What better way than to quickly IP-Screen search and come up with some points of interest?
- You are sitting outside the room for your job interview. Do an IP-Screen search on the employer and come up with intelligent talking points.
- Dead trademarks can tell a lot. Do an IP-Screen search to see what TM registrations and applications were dropped by the company.
- Showing all the IP in one place gives you a focused view of the entity (this is especially helpful to attorneys).
IP-Screen search is a quick, simple tool; by design it is neither comprehensive nor complete. But you can do the search yourself, whenever and wherever you are, and the price is right!
I am sure you will come up with new ways and reasons for using IP-Screen. Do share by sending feedback to the site.